Jessica and I took a quick trip to Atlanta to see the Charlatans UK. This has been a looong time coming, as theirs was the first cd I bought in the 8th grade and it introduced me to the entire Manchester scene of the Stone Roses, The Smiths, Oasis, and the Manchester City soccer club. So much of the soundtrack of my life came out of this band and I will always be grateful for that fateful evening while watching 120 minutes, wherein I saw their video for "The Only One I Know."
Anyway, I am grateful for all you folks in my life who have tolerated my Charlatans talk over these years - you know who you are.
The show was great, and they delivered exactly what I needed of them. Heard a few classic songs and truly felt like I was doing service for my 13 year old self. We also knocked out some shopping a great food while in Atlanta...which I am really starting to love!
Comments