1. Grand Champeen (see the side photo - even it rocks) - "Dial T For This" Okay, Grand Champeen is my favorite band these days. Jessica, Jason B, and I saw them in Charlotte a few years ago and it still ranks as one of the the most amazing rock shows I have ever seen. This new album is the next level. They make albums like their life depends on it.
2. Portastatic - "Be Still Please" I will always have a soft spot for Merge records, and anything relating to Superchunk.
3. Wilco - "Sky Blue Sky" - This new Wilco album is an enjoyable listen. I am liking it much more than "A Ghost is Born." Even though I heard that a reviewer called it "the best album the Eagles never made..." What? Put down the Crack.
4. The Hives "Your New Favourite Band" - No one rocks harder than the Hives...no one. I think it is because they are Swedish. When your home country is known most for Volvo, ABBA, and losing the Great Northern War to pre-industrial Russia in the 18th Century - you would play music like you have something to prove. The Hives prove it.
5. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - "Cold Roses" - Let it Ride is possibly one of the best songs ever written since the Big Bang...if you believe in that sort of thing.
6. White Stripes - "Elephant" - I should really be sick of this record at this point, but my god it is amazing. Matt and I are going to roadtrip it (to Myrtle Beach of all places...and NO - they are not playing at the Bowery, thank you. And Yes, I will pick up a Mother Fletchers T-shirt for you if you want) and see them this July. Im just getting warmed up.
Comments
xox