Can You See Me Tonight - Good Looks
Misses - Domnic Fike
Birdseed - Merce Lemon
Right Back to it - Waxahatchee
Alien - Dehd
When I Learned Your Name - Daniel Romano
Away From the Castle - Video Age
One Bad Day - Spacey Jane
That's What Time Does - Oso Oso
Never Meant - Iron and Wine
Big Blue - Hovvdy
Deeper Well - Kacey Musgraves
Where Were You - Tyler Ramsey
Waiting and Waiting - Bonny Light Horseman
She's Leaving You - MJ Lenderman
Sexy to Someone - Clairo
Stained Glass Window - Sunday 1994
Flowers - Real Estate
Taste - Sabrina Carpenter
Run Your Mouth - Marias
All I Ever Wanted - Ivy
LUNCH - Billie Eilish
That's How I'm Feeling - Jack White
Jerkin - Amyl & The Sniffers
Burning (Live...Again) - War in Drugs
Top Albums of 2024:
- Lived Here For a While by Good Looks
- Poetry by Dehd
- Watch Me Drive Them Dogs Wild by Merce Lemon
- Tigers Blood - Waxahatchee
Top Vinyl Find:
Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic - The Sundays (@ Harvest Records)
Best Show:
The Good Looks (@ The Pilot Light, Knoxville)
Top books for my year:
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (This was first published in 1988 so I am very, very late to the game here. But, reading this book for the first time this year was magical and I can't stop thinking about it. It is ostensibly based on a classic folktale concept of "the treasure at home" but for me, it is about working within the universe to manifest our dreams. I love it!)
- Crying in H Mart - Michele Z
- A Really Strange and Wonderful Time: The Chapel Hill Music Scene: 1989-1999 by Tom Maxwell a book about Superchunk AND Dillon Fence? I was 100% in and remain the target audience).
- James by Percival Everett
- Revenge of the Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
Top Podcasts:
- Empire
- Rewatchables
- Let Me Talk (Manchester City stuff)
Cover Photo: Athens, by the great British photographer Martin Parr. It was first published in his book on tourism, Small World, in 1996.

Comments