
With all of the action going on in our lives lately, it has been difficult to find a moment of clarity. It seems that every moment is taken up with checklists, phonecalls,and emails - in an attempt to move. In addition, Noah and I have both come down with a bit of a cold, making it more challenging. Jessica, luckily, seems to be feeling better for the past few days - which is a welcome improvement from her last month. Her spirits are high, and we are so excited about the new baby. So, it is in times like these that this whole parenting thing is hard. Jessica and I are pretty tired these days, and Noah wants to play and engage with us. Normally, we are completely down with it, but nowadays we are having to fake it a little bit for him. I think he is noticing, and has been a bit more clingy to us lately. So, I am going to have to find a way to cut some energy somewhere else, so that I can give more to him. It would be easy to say that he just has to hang in there until we move, but that is unfair to him. We are working on it, and we will get better.
Things are moving along with our house buying. What an insane process to go through, huh? All of these contracts, negotiations, bankers, insurance - it is taxing (and speaking of taxing, there are the taxes). We have been so lucky to have great people around us who can shepard us through this process. And I do mean "shepard," because we are truly like sheep in this instance. Even though is is stressful, this experience has validated my firm belief in the power of community, and what a small group of people can do to lift up one another. This is one of those amazing times in my life when I honestly feel that our community of people is helping us carry the load.
There are some cool things happening right now though. McDonald's (a place we hardly ever go to) now has Star Wars Happy Meals. Some buddies and I are going to see Minus the Bear and Annuals at the Orange Peel soon. Wake is 2 - 0. I have great classes. Fall is here (my favorite season). And Sarah Vowell has a new book coming out soon!
playlist:
Okervil River, REM, Albert Hammond Jr, Jellyfish, Saxon Shore, Beck, Santogold, Ryan Adams.
Things are moving along with our house buying. What an insane process to go through, huh? All of these contracts, negotiations, bankers, insurance - it is taxing (and speaking of taxing, there are the taxes). We have been so lucky to have great people around us who can shepard us through this process. And I do mean "shepard," because we are truly like sheep in this instance. Even though is is stressful, this experience has validated my firm belief in the power of community, and what a small group of people can do to lift up one another. This is one of those amazing times in my life when I honestly feel that our community of people is helping us carry the load.
There are some cool things happening right now though. McDonald's (a place we hardly ever go to) now has Star Wars Happy Meals. Some buddies and I are going to see Minus the Bear and Annuals at the Orange Peel soon. Wake is 2 - 0. I have great classes. Fall is here (my favorite season). And Sarah Vowell has a new book coming out soon!
playlist:
Okervil River, REM, Albert Hammond Jr, Jellyfish, Saxon Shore, Beck, Santogold, Ryan Adams.
Comments