| Post race Ben and Matt, Mom's Kitchen |
My brother Matt and I ran a race together. It was most fitting that we ran the Moonlight Madness 5k through downtown Winston-Salem (and Old Salem) - our hometown, in the dark of night.
We both run to stay in shape, and have run together a few times, usually while vacationing at Hilton Head Island. But for many years I have wanted us to run a formal race together. I just appreciate how close my brother and I have become over the past 15 years or so (my sister as well - but more on that later). Growing up, we fought, and struggled against one another. It was always hard for either of us to extend any type of grace to the other, but we do just that now. And it just feels so great to me (as a younger sibling) to be on the same team as my big brother. I guess youngest siblings never get over that, huh?
| Graham siblings, Hilton Head Island 1982 |
Comments