“You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.”
― Frederick Buechner
Periodically in my life it seems I have to do some housekeeping. Though I am unsure how and why this happened, it seems I am compelled to "cancel" certain habits/activities in order to see if they are continuing to feed my soul. In that effort, I stopped writing on this blog platform for a while, and it is clear to me now that I missed it. The fact remains that I love to write/document my experiences in life, in order to better gain perspective. And this platform provides just enough discipline and structure for me to reflect. As a Father to two boys under the age of 8, and and husband - we can all agree that perspective should be a prerequisite. So, alas - I return.
Our roots are deep in community these days, and that fills our cups. The children are magic. They fight more now, but they also know each other. I still feel so lucky to have a vocation in life, and teaching school remains a source of inspiration for me. Jessica seems to have found her stride since her illness, and exudes life and passion in all things.
I feel love more deeply now than ever before.
Comments