those skinny little arms are a windmill,
and we all tumble forward like a crooked old wheel, i know
i know, but today be still
- "Song For a Clock" - Portastatic
The above lyric has perfectly embodied my feeling as of late. I need time to slow, because my children are growing up too fast - and are becoming so much more aware of complicated aspects of life (the beauty, the fears, and the social labyrinth). And Springtime has brought this to the fore; as we spend more time together outdoors, and I can visually see my beautiful kids take on a new physicality that did not exist last year.
And yet I am conflicted. Because I have a heartfelt desire to see them grow, and find more meaning and beauty in their lives. And so I welcome the new season of our lives together - when our conversations go deeper, they demand to go higher on our rope swing, and their little legs are fast enough to keep up with mine now.
So now we run together.


Comments