I confess that Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday. I love its focus on gratitude and family, but when the main event consists of eating and watching a football game, it just seems a bit non-climactic to me.
 |
| Scioto Mile Greenway, Columbus |
So I love to work a family road trip into the holiday, which helps transform the week into a family adventure.
This year brought our return to Columbus, Ohio -where we spent time with Jessica's sister, and extended family. The kids and I ran a Turkey Trot (a short drumstick dash and a four miler, respectively) on Thanksgiving morning, followed by a great time eating, watching football, playing with cousins, and exploring Columbus.
Heading back home to NC, we stayed a night in Cincinnati, where we visited (our new family favorite) museum at Union Terminal. It is a massive Art Deco (former) train station that now houses three museums.
Running into some NC friends, eating dinner at La Rosa's pizza, and walking across the Roebling Bridge finished off a great family adventure - helping me feel as thankful as ever today.
 |
| Jurgen's German Bakery, German Village, Columbus |
 |
| Roebling Bridge, Cincinnati |
 |
| Union Terminal Museum, Cincinnati |
 |
| Union Terminal, Cininnati |
 |
| Turkey Trot, 2015 |
Comments