![]() |
| Maggie Graham |
As I wrote about here a few months ago - I am working through the transition of being a parent to "older kids." Both of the boys are more independent, and (wonderfully) have their own passions and interests. And, as much as I continue to be their biggest supporter and guide - there is now more space for me to pursue my own passions with more vigor. Adding a dog to our family life does not seem as insane as it did a couple of years ago.
So, this past Saturday, Jessica and our friend Heather drove to Union County, NC (just a few miles from Jessica's childhood home), and got Maggie. She is nine weeks old, and is an adorable black lab.
It has taken 320 miles of driving, three pee cleanups per day, new vet appointments, one extremely angry house cat, night wakings, and a not insignificant amount of "dog infrastructure" purchases to make this happen. And it is worth it, as I feel like we are growing and learning. And that makes me feel alive.
Here's to Maggie, and to falling in love again.
![]() |
| Maggie's first trip to Biltmore |


Comments