It seems that most everyone loves their kids' schools.
But lately I have been especially impressed with the education that our kids are getting, and I am not only speaking of reading and math.
You see, these schools are doing an incredible job of stoking creativity and imagination in my children - and I am incredibly grateful.From introducing them to Philippe Petit's walk between the towers, to chorus, to drama productions, to school assemblies to sing Will.I.Am songs about leadership (complete with fake glasses) - these schools are igniting new passions. This week, they watched this inspirational video about Caine's arcade in East LA. They followed it by designing and making their own games out of cardboard boxes.
Both Avery and his friend Addie have spent two days designing games in our dining room, and recruiting us to play them. They are not talking about someone else making a game, or waiting on a new version of something to be sold to them in a store - they are doing it themselves.
Education at its finest.
Comments