 |
| Prom 2016 |
For better or for worse, the life of our family...is the life of our schools. Both Jessica and I are public educators, and both of our children attend public school in our district. Our children spend A LOT of time at our high school, and in the high school theater, and at high school sports events, and in classrooms, and at the prom. Many of their friends are also the sons and daughters of teachers, and we know so many of their teachers, principals, and bus drivers - and the academic calendar structures much of our year (which is pretty great).
 |
| Noah mining for gold with his Favorite teacher, Mrs. Fields |
 |
| Noah and his peeps |
There are times when I believe that it is too much, and we should look for ways to help our kids escape the school world when we can - which we try to do. But generally I believe that this is the life that I want us to have...these are intentional decisions. If nothing else, it exposes my children to the cool things that high schools can do - how at their best, they can reflect the greatness of their communities, and still inspire young people to rise above.
So, when in the course of one week, I get to go on a field trip with Noah's fourth grade class to Reeds Gold Mine (for NC history..yes!) and the Lazy 5 Ranch - and take a gaggle of these same kids to the high school Prom - I know that ( at least for today) we have chosen wisely.
Comments