In celebration of Jessica and my 15 year anniversary, we are headed on a grand adventure to Costa Rica. We are traveling without our beautiful children, and with six other couples. I have written extensively about my constant need for travel, and returning to Latin America for the first time in 15 years (we honeymooned in Aruba) is incredibly exciting. But being without our kids for a week is taxing on me, and has brought anxiety. As much as I want us to celebrate our marriage, and make sure that we spend time as a couple - it remains a challenge for me to be away from the kids. With the birth of my children, it is true that my heart lives outside of me now.
So alas, we push on - and I am beyond thrilled to spend time learning a new culture, surfing, and moving at a slower pace..and not mentioning that the US national team destroyed Costa Rica in the Copa last week....:)
Comments