![]() |
| Avery walking Maggie, Montreat |
So, since we brought Maggie home last November, he has struggled to be around her - especially when she is feeling active and hyper - a mood Noah has termed "dump truck mode." But what has been amazing to watch is how hard he has worked to overcome his fear. He is sad that he is scared, and he is ashamed.
For better and (mostly) for worse, I am an impatient man. So, it makes me so sad that he and Maggie can not be in the same room together, and I desperately want it to just "be okay."
But the process is slow, and I'm starting to think that is the point. These past few weeks have also been a turning point. He loves to be around her, and now pets her every chance he gets. He still gets so nervous if she is moving fast and jumping around, but he is pushing through. It is pretty amazing to watch him work so hard to push through this, and I am even starting to see the value of a patient approach. I would not have been so brave, when I was seven.
High Fives for Avery!!

Comments