I had many dreams when I was younger, and continue to dream now. One of my dreams was to teach history in Asheville, and it is even cooler than I anticipated. But I rarely considered what it would mean for my children to grow up in a high school world. Sometimes, it feels like a burden for them - coming to our school daily - and waiting for both their Mom and I to finish grading papers, or working with students. But other times, I think it is incredible - like when they get to learn how to help set lights for the theater, use the library, or become best friends with other teachers' kids. So, our kids usually end up attending A LOT of high school events, including plays, open house, concerts, and athletic events. And it goes without saying that we have witnessed many a high school soccer match, which is when Avery decided that he simply HAD to be a ball boy for a game. He has been focused on doing this since the fall season. And last night, we made it happen.
He did great. He was beaming.
Comments