| Nashville |
Because of rock music, the city of Manchester has always held a special place in my heart, ever since I bought my first CD ever - Some Friendly, by Manchester's Charlatans UK. From there, I became obsessed with other Manchester bands - namely the Stone Roses, and while in high school - Oasis. It was through my early obsession with Oasis that I discovered Manchester City FC.
![]() |
| Manchester City T-shirt, with Oasis Logo |
My love of rock n roll music and soccer has only deepened over time - so seeing my first Manchester City game in person, and hearing Oasis, together in a stadium in Nashville, TN was a bit overwhelming for me. I was most grateful to be there with my family, but specifically with Jessica - who may be the only other person on earth who knew that the moment may be too much for me. She has walked with me through these obsessions for almost 20 years. So it was such a comfort to see her nodding in understanding as I teared up...over a soccer goal and a dumb rock song.
But that is the nature of this thing called life, isn't it? Feeling emotional highs and lows due to experiences that none of us can explain. So, I didn't fight it. Instead, I took a deep dive into the very feeling that makes no sense to me - and it was pretty glorious. And it felt so alive.
And now we are home, and the kids are at their respective camps (Soccer and Montreat). And I am feeling grateful as hell that I can still be surprised by life, at every turn.

Comments