He LOVED the Lion King, and we covered a lot of ground quickly together, from the Varsity, to Aurora Coffee in Little Five Points (a coffee house that I had to visit after reading the AMAZING book Simon versus the Homo Sapiens Agenda...seriously, go read it right now), to the MLK National Historic Site - where we got to hang out at Martin's childhood home.
Before returning home, we were able to stop by Atlanta's Doc Chey's Noodle House, and return to our house with everyone's favorite Asian food (which is a big deal, because the Asheville location closed this past Fall, an event about which we are still crushed). Luckily, Noah was feeling better just in time to down some Thai red curry!
And at the end of the day I felt grateful for an impromptu one on one trip with Avery. It is just so easy to fall into a rut where I fail to spend individualized quality time with each member of my family. So when the universe gives me a nudge, I try to notice. This past weekend was quite a nudge. And it was well worth it.
Comments