It is not everyday that you, A. Discover a new band, and B. That band becomes your favorite band.The Sidekicks.
I have always had a particular soft spot for melodic power pop. But I also love a punk rock, driving rhythm section. When the two mix, I am in heaven.
While in Chicago, I was able to finally visit Reckless Records, where I purchased the just released Happiness Hours by the Sidekicks. I literally listened to it 12 times in its entirety. It is a perfect record.
Music always helps me really feel things. And this past Spring, I have had the feels a lot. So, as usually happens in my life when I pay attention to it, the Sidekicks put out a new record just in time to reach me in the most complete way. I am grateful.
And now they are coming to Durham. And I will be there. And it is going to be great.
Comments