We stopped and ate smoothies, ice cream, and lunch - and we saw new things, and explored new places together. Everyone of us had a smile on our face of joy, and I just soaked it all up. I felt so alive and grateful for the opportunity to do this.
And upon returning home and relaxing, I started to weep a bit. Because I know that all things pass, and that this moment will not last forever, but must be enjoyed and appreciated now, for exactly what it is. My kids are getting older, as am I - and one day, we simply will not be able to go on adventures such as these, and all experience the same level of joy. And my tears came from this understanding, because it simply made the experience that much more holy, and that much more sacred.
So here's to the sacred of the now, and of the power of each other.
Comments