By the time I was 17, I traveled to England, and literally wore out my cassette tape of The Charlatans' Up To Our Hips during that trip. I bought the only Charlatans t-shirt I have ever seen in the wild in a London record store - which I still own. I still vividly remember watching this clip (below) of their performance on MTV that same year (they were hard to find then, and were never very popular in the USA).
So, a few months ago, when Noah asked me if he could borrow my Charlatans T-shirt - I was elated. I have stopped wearing it much over the last several years, as I don't want it to fall apart. But I threw all my rules out for him to rock it. He simply thought the shirt was cool. He has worn several times since then, and it warms my heart every time I see it.
The Charlatans UK have remained a common thread through my life, and now Noah has joined in the fun.
Comments