Noah and I spent a few different days on the slopes when he was younger. He took to it easily, but just didn't fall in love with it - which I respect. There is a time and place for everything.
Over the last few weeks Avery started to show an interest in snowboarding. Like Noah, he is a solid skateboarder, so it made sense. Since then, we have spent a couple of evenings up at Wolf Ridge, and it has been an absolute joy watching him learn (which he is doing much faster than I ever did!).
Being a parent to pre-teens and teens can be challenging, as their interests shift fairly often. But it is still exhilarating, as we can always keep searching for more opportunities to hang out with our kids. Whether it be music, road trips, riding bikes, or snowboarding - we are still finding ways to connect, and both Noah and Avery continue to make my life more complete.
Comments