I love going to rock shows and consider myself so lucky that I live in a place that attracts interest from national bands, though we are a small market. And one of the primary reasons that I love rock shows is the pure communal experience of the moment - all of us feeling the same thing at the same time is magic.
But sometimes I like to go to shows alone. I also used to enjoy seeing a movie alone as well. And this past week, I was lucky enough to go see Julien Baker here in Asheville, and she crushed it. Sometimes live shows have a way of drawing attention to songs that I never really noticed before, and that is exactly what happened with Relative Fiction in this instance. This song simply blew me away, and helped usher in all. the. feels. Now I can't stop listening to it. Enjoy.
Comments