2022 brought us some fantastic new tunes and I feel like I have carved out even more time to listen. I always take music deep dives during my runs, but this year I have also had more car driving time to explore. I have a whopping 27 songs on my playlist this year and I had to make several cuts just to make it reasonable.
1. After the Earthquake - Alvvays
2. I Think About You All the Time - Field Medic
3. Bad Taste Blues, Part III - Ball Park Music
4. Tek It - Cafune
5. Southern Sky - Alex G
6. Bunny is a Rider - Caroline Polachek
7. After Midnight - Phoenix
8. Fit n Full - Samia
9. Fire Escape - Beach Bunny
10. C'mon People - Richard Ashcroft/Liam Gallagher
11. Cyclone - Pinegrove
12. Certainty - Big Thief
13. Go Away - Omar Apollo
14. Too Good - Arlo Parks
15. A Real Thing - The Beths
16. As Much As I Can - girlpuppy
17. Fly on the Wall - Oso Oso
18. Ruby - Hovvdy
19. Angel - First Aid Kit
20. Mountaineer - Spring Summer
21. Ready To Go - Noah Cyrus
22. Didn't Care - Sylvan Esso
23. Late Night Talking - Harry Styles
24. Fly As Me - Silk Sonic
25. Booster Seat - Spacey Jane
26. I Miss Strangers - Death Cab for Cutie
27. Old Man - Beck
My Album of the Year is Alvvays' Blue Rev.
Though I didn't have a favorite book this year, my favorite article is easily Clint Smith's essay "Monuments to the Unthinkable - What the U.S. Can Learn about Atonement" It is such an important article and he is just a brilliant writer. I visited the Dachau concentration camp outside Munich in 2017 and have witnessed firsthand much of what he writes about in this essay. He does an excellent job capturing the feelings and connecting how the US remembers our past.
My favorite podcasts this year include Bandsplain, 22 Goals, and 60 Songs That Explain the 90s.
I hope all of you have had a great year and look forward to hearing what you have been listening to!
Comments