I gone on record several times explaining that don't always love wintertime, but cold temps of 2023 haven't dampened my spirit. Our little family has managed to have a pretty damn good winter and here are some highlights (my trick is to carry a healthy level of busy in the schedule). Chasing the Weinermobile through Asheville, heading to Charlotte for a Charlotte FC match, buying balloons, and probably buying one too many records has done the trick!
Eating a ginormous burrito at El Farolito in San Francisco, 2004 I LOVE burritos. It is a passion that I share with my brother, and we actively seek out a quality burrito in almost every place we visit (Jessica is more of a Fish Taco kind of gal, but she enjoys burritos as well). My love affair began around the age of 18, in the parking lots of Phish shows - where I could find any number of amazing burritos, cooked up on a dirty Coleman stove. I just loved the explosion of flavor (and surprise) that came with each burrito I ate in those years. One of the the first times I visited Asheville for a few days in college, I came across Rio Burrito, a now defunct burrito-specific shop on Biltmore Avenue. I went there all the time, and got to know all the nice folk who worked there. So, I was quite disappointed when they shut it down - so much so that I wrote about it here. But when Mamacitas opened in downtown Asheville in Spring 2004, I was smitten...
Comments