
It has been a busy few weeks for the Graham folks. The time change is always interesting, and has directly contributed to an increased household consumption of coffee. Our coffeemaker is going to get a workout for the next 5-6 months. Noah's birthday was a blast. Lots of family in town - not only my parents, but both my brother (and family) and my sister made the trip up the Black Mountains. Jessica's entire family was also here, including Noah's favorite Hodge - Mel Mel. Anyways, Noah just took it all in. That child is consumed with love. Naturally, with everyone here in Asheville - we ate constantly. Mom and Dad love Doc Chey's Noodle House, and we introduced Matt and Jennifer to the famous Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company.
In other news, Wake lost two in a row (to Virgina and Clemson respectively). The Clemson game can ONLY be described as an asskicking, but it was played at 12:00 noon, which meant that we could still drink coffee while we watched. And, UNC-Greensboro (Our alma mater) beat Georgia Tech in basketball in Atlanta! Go Spartans!.
Also, I received news that I passed my National Board Certification. This is a professional accomplishment, and one to which I am TOTALLY indebted to my coworkers, and coffee. They all provided me with editing, time, counsel, and support. With those folks in my corner, I took a swing, and passed it. But I feel guilty receiving congratulations for it, because I basically stood on the shoulders of giants. Like Anne Lamont says, "when in doubt, 1. Follow instructions, and 2. Dont be an asshole." I dont know If I am succeeding in number 2, but following number 1 got me my National Boards.
And here is today's playlist: (in a mellow mood; its rainy and cold. . . so im drinking coffee)
Jose Gonzalez
Tegan and Sara
Dave Matthews
Stars
Neil Young
Rogue Wave
Comments