
Not only has it been my favorite restaurant for the past 8 years, it is an important part of Asheville. The burritos are the best, and they learn your name within 3 visits. The first time Noah went out to dinner, we took him to Rio Burrito. When Jessica and I came to Asheville to find an apartment in 1999, we ate at Rio Burrito. On almost every school workday, I drove directly to Rio Burrito. When I assign my Humanities class the "Downtown Asheville Architecture Project," they can recieve 15 extra points for photographing themselves eating at Rio Burrito. (And yes, all of them do it!)
So though it is a sad day, there exist a silver lining. A few years ago, Tom (the owner) opened a second Rio Burrito in South Asheville. This store is going to remain open. So, though I may have to drive a few more minutes, I will certainly still get my fix. Long Live Rio Burrito!
Comments