
Wow. We have been insanely busy, and there is no end in sight to the tight schedule. Let's see, my mom and dad (Maw Maw and Paw Paw) came to visit last weekend - which was wonderful. Noah was ecstatic, and even got to spend the entire Saturday evening with his grandparents while Jessica and I went out to celebrate her birthday. We went out to a nice restaurant in downtown Asheville called the Marketplace. She wore one of her amazing dresses, looked stunning - and we ate like champs. (Yes, I even dressed up! Which proves beyond a doubt that I really love her and will do most anything for her :) ). I came down with a little sickness that weekend, fought it off - and now Jessica has it.
School, for all three of us, has also been busy. Noah's class has been planning and executing their Valentine's Party all week. (After a agonizing week of indecision, we went with the Shrek valentines for his friends.) We have invented a new game called "Roly Poly" where Noah and I lay on top of each other, hold on tight, and roll over and over really fast, while screaming, "Roly Poly!!" He had to learn (sort of the hard way) that this is maybe not the most acceptable behavior in a school setting. My bad. Jessica's school is always busy, and always a little bit crazy. But her kind coworkers surprised her with some southern fried cooking on Friday - including Okra, her favorite. Nice people. In AP World History, I am teaching the impacts of Latin American independence movements, and the next wave of european imperialism. I love that time period, and am having a great time. In US History, it is Civil War time! I admit I am still a sucker for the American Civil War. I actually just finished reading a book called Manhunt about the 12 day pursuit of John Wilkes Booth through Maryland and Virginia. It was honestly one of the better books I have read in a while. I was captivated, and have thus been thinking about the Civil War a lot lately. Being a history geek, it is just common for me to sit quietly, and get lost in thoughts about historic moments. Lately, the Civil War has been doing that to me. Especially Lincoln. I love to think about Lincoln. So, this is coming in handy in my class this week. When having to decide whether to wear my confederate hat or my union hat during class, I mistakenly put it to a vote - my class was angrily deadlocked and almost re-fought that war in my classroom. Welcome to the south, huh?
Noah's Aunt Mel Mel is coming to town this weekend, so we are excited. She just got another promotion in her job and is going to move to Columbia, SC - to become the Abercrombie and Fitch District Manager of that region of SC. Yay! She has been traveling for A&F for about 2-3 years, so she really deserves this. Now she will only be two hours away, and gives us an excuse to drive down there, see her, and take Noah to the zoo. win win.
In other news:
I am totally tired of winter. Though I would like to snowboard again, Spring would be nice. We are toying with the idea of putting our house on the market in a few months, but we'll see.
I think I may go to the North Buncombe (my school) basketball game tonight with my buddy Mike. We are playing Asheville High (Jessica's system) and I would like to able to talk some trash tomorrow. :)
Comments