
Noah and I were having our Friday morning breakfast at Bruegger's Bagels (his favorite place to eat on earth) this morning when it hit me. It is official. We are now finishing up our summer. It is almost over and we have to face it. And, as usual, I have bittersweet feelings. On one hand, it is always difficult to stop lounging around with Noah and Jessica so much. But on the other hand, I am ready to return to teaching and a steady diet of action. We have finished up most of our summer list. I have read some great books (including this amazing book called a Voyage Long and Strange: Rediscovering The New World. It is seriously one of the best books I have ever read.) As I often feel that the body fuels the mind, I have been able to get outdoors and have a lot of fun this summer. And true to form, I feel mentally invigorated. So it is cool.
We are going to our friend Holly's wedding tomorrow. She is a wonderful person and we are so happy that she is happy. Noah is going to have a great time. On another note I recently came back into contact with one of my best friends from high school. Upon reading his email to me, I was laughing so hard that I had to forcibly hold my coffee in my mouth. A good sign. And his little sister is starting college in a few weeks. Guess where she will be attending? UNC-Asheville. Beautiful. I love it when things beyond my control bring me back down to earth. Reconnecting with him has made me feel great.
Here is what I am listening to:
Guster, Jane's Addiction, Everybodyfields, Cake, Spoon, Boys Like Girls, Neil Young, Jack Johnson, The Broken West, Fiest, and Weezer.
Alright. It is hot here, so I am going up to a higher elevation for a trail run. peace out playas
Comments