
So Noah and I went to the WNC Nature Center this morning ( a favorite of ours). We did our usual thing - ran around and spoke to all the different kinds of animals like: the cougar, sheep, bunnies, otters, etc. We ran into a few folks that we know, and just generally had a fine time. We worked up a bit of an appetite so we headed over to Asheville Pizza and Brewing Co. (another favorite of ours). We espcially love APBC for the lunch buffet because it includes pizza, cheese sticks, mac n cheese, AND ice cream with sprinkles. But our favorite thing is to sit in the "Star Wars" booth that is painted to look like Mo Isley's Cantina - complete with Luke, Chewwy, Han,Obi-Wan, and a Stormtrooper. After I had downed my first plate of pizza, I told Noah I was going to run up to the buffet and grab another plate. No big deal as we were seated just a few yards away. But Noah said (as he often does), "I want to come with you daddy." Those words make me feel like I live in a perfect world. I just wanted to grab that moment with both hands and never let it loose. I hope he always wants to be with me, and go where I go. But I know that a day will come when he will need to NOT be with me, and he most likely will not want to. Though I know that the day will come, I will be a heartbroken man - and my knowledge of it's inevitability will make it no easier for me.
When Jessica was pregnant with Noah, I was so excited about him. I was also so scared that something would happen to Jessica or Noah. I just hoped beyond hope for Noah to exist so that I could be a part of his life. And now I feel it all over again, as our next child is to be born in just under two months. I just feel lucky to have Noah, and can not wait to experience the all-encompassing love of another child soon.
As far as housekeeping goes - we are getting things done for the Graham family expansion. We painted the baby's room last week, our friends hooked us up with a great jogging stroller, and we are steadily dusting off all of Noah's baby stuff for another round. We picked up some baby-friendly laundry detergent last week and have started washing the little clothes/blankets/cloths/etc. Noah seems excited these days, and is just having a good time. It snowed last week and we went sledding. He was way into that until it got really cold. His favorite game is hide and seek. His favorite foods are bagels, popcorn, strawberry ice cream, and apples. He is still quite into Star Wars, but will rock a princess dress while he shoots with his blaster. He loves to make forts/caves in his bunkbeds. He loves to run, and rarely walks. Potty training is still a nuisance for him - but he has made some strides. He really likes the kid's song "I Gotta Be Me" by Will Smith. He sings a lot, and drinks lemonade. And he likes to jump off of things like benches and walls and stuff.
When Jessica was pregnant with Noah, I was so excited about him. I was also so scared that something would happen to Jessica or Noah. I just hoped beyond hope for Noah to exist so that I could be a part of his life. And now I feel it all over again, as our next child is to be born in just under two months. I just feel lucky to have Noah, and can not wait to experience the all-encompassing love of another child soon.
As far as housekeeping goes - we are getting things done for the Graham family expansion. We painted the baby's room last week, our friends hooked us up with a great jogging stroller, and we are steadily dusting off all of Noah's baby stuff for another round. We picked up some baby-friendly laundry detergent last week and have started washing the little clothes/blankets/cloths/etc. Noah seems excited these days, and is just having a good time. It snowed last week and we went sledding. He was way into that until it got really cold. His favorite game is hide and seek. His favorite foods are bagels, popcorn, strawberry ice cream, and apples. He is still quite into Star Wars, but will rock a princess dress while he shoots with his blaster. He loves to make forts/caves in his bunkbeds. He loves to run, and rarely walks. Potty training is still a nuisance for him - but he has made some strides. He really likes the kid's song "I Gotta Be Me" by Will Smith. He sings a lot, and drinks lemonade. And he likes to jump off of things like benches and walls and stuff.
Comments