
The news today is that Noah is wearing the big boy underwear to school this week. We think he is as ready as he is going to be for a while. He did it yesterday and wasso excited he was about to scream. He has a wide arry of undies that he rocks these days, including: Spiderman,the Hulk, Star Wars, Sesame Street, Diego, and Thomas. He gets a bit of candy when he pees in the potty, and this incentivizing has truly taken hold lately - IE: We were at the Asheville mall on Sunday. He passed the wide display of candy in the main concourse and requested it. We said, "No." He said, " I have to pee pee in the potty. Do they have a potty here?" They did. He peed. He got candy. It was awesome.
In other news, we are steadily getting things ready for the baby. Jessica is feeling the nesting like a champ lately, and has taken to getting the crib ready, washing onesies, and hanging up decorative things. The baby's room looks great, and we all are spening lots of time in there. We play a new game called "baby." I roll on the floor and cry, while Noah tries to figure out what I want. He tries toys, hugs, music, etc. It is great and he is really sweet about it. Eventually he figures it out and the baby stops crying.
Jessica is totally tired of working and just wants to have the baby and be home. Her school can sometimes be a madhouse (which most schools can be), and lately it has been specifically bad. AND she lost in the first round of the faculty ping-pong tournament - so she was disappointed with her play. She'll bounce back though.
I am enjoying school, as we are in a new semester and it seems somewhat fresh again. I played in a "faculty vs Varsity mens" basketball game at the pep rally last week. It was crazy fun. I am not the world's best basketball player - but I do love to play the game. This is an amazing job. The winter months are definitely the hardest time to teach though, so seeing some blue sky and flowers would do me some good these days. I am looking forward to Spring for our new baby and the nicer weather. The timing seems like it will be great.
Oh did you hear that Phish has reunited and is playing in Asheville? Tickets sold out in 7 minutes. . .of course. But I am excited that they are back in the saddle - it just comforts me. There is also this new radio station in Asheville called The River. It is by no means a perfect radio station, but it is the best we have and people are excited about it. They play: Ryan Adams, U2, Radiohead, Deathcab, Phish, Dave Matthews, Indigo Girls, Tori Amos, REM, etc. Not bad. I am enjoying it. Give it a listen, if you have not already.
Comments