Spring Break is here. Easter is behind us. I am sick of the rain. . . and I am anxious to do yardwork.Things are going well around here lately. Avery is growing and looking around a lot. He loves his Mommy the most these days - which is as it should be. As far as Daddy-time, he loves to sit on my knees and stare, but his favorite is to ride in the Bjorn on walks with me. He looks around a bit, but always falls asleep. And Noah is back to being Noah.

We had a great Easter, going to church and eating a stupid amount of candy, buty I am feeling pretty tired still. And this rain is driving me nuts. I have been really looking forward to Spring this year, for many reasons - not the least of which include taking my newborn child out for walks, hikes, and general outdoorsy type things. All of this rain is really putting a damper on my plans, and is beginning to make me grumpy. But - at least it may help pull us out of drought status here in WNC. AND, it is making my lawn grow. And, as previously mentioned, I am seriously stoked about yardwork this season. You see, we bought this new house in September, and the previous residents planted hardly anything at all. So, this yard is virtually a blank canvas on which we may design, plant, and enjoy. We have already bought tons of ferns for our front porch (Noah named two of them "peepee" and "poopy", and Jessica named one "Fern."), and now we are focusing on natural areas on shrubs. I realize this sounds very "Martha Stewart" and not at all punk rock - but it is actually both - and fun anyway. So, that is the rub right now. I'll be looking for the sun
Comments