We are getting set for our first substantial family road trip, and we are stoked! I am just as excited about the actually road trip, as I am about the destination. I L-O-V-E roadtripping, and this is our first true journey since we had Avery - so this should be an adventure (full disclosure: we have travelled to Winston-Salem and Charlotte with all four of us, but we can do those trips with our eyes closed now). Jessica is totally in the packing zone, and has fully committed to the fact that she is beyond excited. I guess the idea that we have not enjoyed much travel since we had Avery (in March) has made this better, but who knows? The important thing is that we are all going to be together, having adventures - which means we are living the dream.Anyways, We are headed out tomorrow from Asheville, bound for Columbia SC to visit Riverbanks Zoo. There we will run, dine, drink cold things, and stare at animals. Then it is back down Interstate 26 to I-95, straight to Hilton Head Island (with a stop or two in between for various things, ie: Avery feedings, potty, coffee, and some roadside dances). Once we rendezvous with the rest of the family, we will be unpacking as fast as possible so that Noah can get in some type of water immediatly (he has gotten over his short-lived water fears, and is back in his swimming groove, so to speak). And based on the last 15 years of HHI family trips, one can reasonably assume that we will all be downing some Guisseppi's Pizza by the pool later that evening.
So, in the morning we are off, and I am already thrilled. I hope I can sleep well tonight. I am so excited. But since the best laid plans. . .well. . .I will leave you with this: "Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it."
Comments