So, this weekend we had to split up the fam for some adventures. Jessica and Avery headed to Montreat for the weekend. This was actually a planned women's retreat, but nursing babies made the trip as well. Jessica and the ladies stayed in two houses in the heart of Montreat, and one imagines that they just had an amazing time, under teh guise of "spiritualism." :) I am lucky enough to know a lot of the women who were on this retreat, and I can not think of one negative thing to say about any of them. Also, our friend Lizzie was there, who has been such a positive influence on our lives - so I am sure that
a good time was had by all. And considering the fact that they were in Montreat, a place we adore, is just bonus.That left Noah and I to decide our weekend fate. I decided to take him to a place where he gets anything he wants, is always entertained, candy flows like a mountain spring, and where he generally freaks out constantly...to see his grandparetns in Winston-Salem. It was a risky move on my part, because he typically transforms into "grumpy Noah" somewhere near the Forsyth County border, and this Saturday was no exception. We drove down, joined my entire family to tailgate and attend the Wake-Florida State game on saturday (It did not go well. . .again). Noah ate a lot of food, and was enamored by this (totally intimidating) statue of the Demon Deacon. Afterwards, we played, ate pizza, and just hung around at my parents house. We missed Jessica and Avery. Even grumpy Noah asked about them daily. I actually made a pretty regretful decision this week, leading up to this short trip. You see, I made the mistake of informing Noah on Thursday that we were going to W-S on Saturday morning. This translated to the fact that he hardly slept, ate, or obeyed for the next three days - due to excitement/anticipation/who knows. So, we have had fun, and returned home now, and to be honest, I am hoping for a return of the nice Noah. But we'll see. He did tell me this week that when he grows up he wants to be a face painter. I am pretty excited about that as a career goal, and will encourage it.
Comments