Today is Avery's Birthday!! And to think that today Avery is one, is just mind blowing. To be honest, this has been a beautiful, but challenging year for us. It is cool - the first year with any baby is tough. And Avery is actually an amazingly well-behaved baby. He is super laid back, hardly cries much at all during the day - and he eats well. I also love that his birthday comes with the beginning of Spring. Things are beginning to bloom a bit around here, and soon the mountains will look like rolling green. There really is nothing like the Blue Ridge Mountains in the Spring. We will be outside with Avery all weekend, letting him crawl, swing, and play. And he will have a great time, because his personality is coming out like a champ, and (like his brother before him) he is hilarious. I love him so much, and these days we can engage in games and stuff. His favorite thing to do is play "Bouncy Baby Bed." (Explanation: Typically, just before bath - Noah and I take off all of Avery's clothes except for his diaper. We then lay him on our big bed and roll him over and tickle him. He laughs REALLY hard, and "tries to crawl away." But he loves the tickling so much, that he always stops crawling and just lays down so that we can get him again.)
Last year at this time, he had just been born (to the tune of "Do Ya Think Im Sexy," actually), and I was already envisioning the amazement that is the aforementioned game.
I just feel like this is the greatest time of my life. I am sure of it. I mentioned to Jessica over the weekend that I needed to go for a short hike in the woods, and Noah (overhearing this) screams, "please let me go with you, daddy!" As if he even had to ask. The only bummer was that Avery had just fallen asleep, so he was unable to join us - but he will next time. I love to have my boys with me in the woods more than anything in the world. We explore, run around, play games, and just have adventures - our favorite things to do. And over the weekend, Noah and I found a stream that we had never before noticed. It is buried among thick rhododendron, down in a deep valley.
I know it is cliche - but there really is nothing more amazing than knowing the love for a child. My cup runneth over.
Last year at this time, he had just been born (to the tune of "Do Ya Think Im Sexy," actually), and I was already envisioning the amazement that is the aforementioned game.
I just feel like this is the greatest time of my life. I am sure of it. I mentioned to Jessica over the weekend that I needed to go for a short hike in the woods, and Noah (overhearing this) screams, "please let me go with you, daddy!" As if he even had to ask. The only bummer was that Avery had just fallen asleep, so he was unable to join us - but he will next time. I love to have my boys with me in the woods more than anything in the world. We explore, run around, play games, and just have adventures - our favorite things to do. And over the weekend, Noah and I found a stream that we had never before noticed. It is buried among thick rhododendron, down in a deep valley.
I know it is cliche - but there really is nothing more amazing than knowing the love for a child. My cup runneth over.
Comments