So, Alex Chilton - the brains behind the perfect band, BIG STAR passed away yesterday. I learned about Big Star when I was around 14, because it seemed like every band that I loved - loved Big Star. Seriously: Teenage Fanclub, REM, Matthew Sweet, Lush, etc. were soooo influenced by them. The Replacements even wrote a great song about him on Pleased To Meet Me, called (fittingly) "Alex Chilton," and it is amazing. And HERE is Big Star performing September Gurls.
So, Alex Chilton - the brains behind the perfect band, BIG STAR passed away yesterday. I learned about Big Star when I was around 14, because it seemed like every band that I loved - loved Big Star. Seriously: Teenage Fanclub, REM, Matthew Sweet, Lush, etc. were soooo influenced by them. The Replacements even wrote a great song about him on Pleased To Meet Me, called (fittingly) "Alex Chilton," and it is amazing. And HERE is Big Star performing September Gurls.
Comments