So....Superchunk rocked my face off on the night of my 33rd birthday. My parents took care of Avery and Noah, while Jess and I ate at Pepper's Pizza with our great friends Leah and Rich. It was yummy and fun. Then we hit some shops on Franklin street en route to the Cats Cradle for some amazing Superchunk. Ryan Gustafson opened, and he and his band were solid.
But, for Chunk we were able to get to the second row, while watching them totally destroy an impressive set, covering the span of their 20+ year career. They had as much energy and lightness as I have ever seen, so the show was extremely loud and funny. My favorite songs of the night were certainly Tower, Ribbon, Precision Auto, and On the Mouth (not the whole record of that name - but the actual song! wow). Jessica's favorite was Slack Motherf**ker (of course :) Helluva Birthday - Here is the setlist:
Tower
For Tension
Skip Steps 1&3
Learned To Surf
Digging For Something
Ribbon
Sidewalk
I Guess I Remembered It Wrong
Florida's On Fire
Water Wings
Iron On
Package Thief
Everything At Once
Precision Auto
encore #1:
On The Mouth
From The Curve
Slack Motherf*cker
encore #2:
Hyper Enough
Throwing Things
Comments