I love Colorado. I have had the pleasure of working there (AP Readings for World History at Colorado State), and traveling through it on our cross-country roadtrip in summer '13.But I have never been in Colorado in Winter. Which means I have never snowboarded in Colorado...
A few of my buddies decided to make this happen, and planned an amazing trip to Vail for three days of snowboarding-insanity. Last week, it happened.
Honestly, in preparing for the trip, I was a bit nervous - as I am not a great snowboarder. I consider myself a totally average rider - so large jumps and black diamonds straight up scare me. (But some of the guys traveling with us are great snowboarders - who often reach speeds of 51.5 mph down black diamonds...).But I love snowboarding. And I REALLY love to complete long carves all the way down snowy mountains.
And so once in Vail, I stopped chasing my great snowboarding friends, picked my spots, found my pace, and spent hours on two mile runs of long carves - through wide open spaces.
It. Was. Amazing.



Comments