![]() |
| C&O Canal through Georgetown |
Very few things fill my soul as much as those morning adventures in new places.
It is an opportunity for me to clear my head, find beauty in my surroundings, and work off my hyper-active energy. I always return with a more full heart, and excitement about spending time with the ones I love.
![]() |
| Arlington National Cemetery |
The next day, I ran through Rosslyn (where we stayed) and through Arlington National Cemetery. One can certainly see why Robert E. Lee was so fond of his estate - as it is rolling and beautiful. But it is a challenging place to run - as it is emotionally heavy with significance. It made me feel small. And I appreciated it.
I love to explore new cities on foot - especially when there are opportunities to take pictures. These moments truly combine so many of my favorite things (running, photography, and exploration), and help me discover a sense of place - as well as help me identify where I fit in.
As much as I love being a parent, and being a teacher - the latter especially requires (or at least I require) a lot of public engagement and "on-stage" energy. To be fair, I thrive in that "performance-based energy" and it serves me as much as it serves others. But personal time to pursue my passions and reflect is an absolute cornerstone to my pursuit of happiness.
These morning runs in DC were just the ticket.
Grateful.


Comments