 |
| Grahams at our best |
We spent four glorious days at Edisto island this Spring Break (with two other families). As much as I love living in Asheville, the winters just get harder and harder for me. With the cold and the lack of color - I need to see the sunshine badly by the time March rolls around.
 |
| Botany Bay |
 |
| Ice Cream Cart |
So this Edisto trip was just what the doctor ordered - , and I returned home with a new goal: take more beach trips. I just sort of realized that our family of four is at our best when at the beach. We ride bikes together, we swim together, eat what we want, and try new things. Our kids get along better, and we all get more sleep. And being away from home just sharpens our focus and takes a lot of responsibilities off of our plate. So, we are going to do more of this.

Some highlights included bike riding, sea kayaking, the ice cream cart, and watching the kids bury 25 (already deceased) jellyfish at the beach, complete with funeral orations. Also, just spending quality time with our friends, and discovering new places (including Sgt. Pepper's Pizza!) was fantastic.
But nothing topped our day at Botany Bay Preserve (home of two abandoned plantations and an untouched shoreline). It was incredible, and certainly ranks as one of the coolest places I have been.
I'm already planning the next trip!
Comments