Avery's soccer tournament brought us back to Greensboro for the weekend. We used our time to force our children to listen to stories (again) of our glory days at UNCG. It is somewhat unique for us that we have a physical place where we can go and show our kids where we met, and how we became what we are. It is pretty amazing. And now, when we all walk through the campus where it all began for us, I feel emotional about it. It is so important to know where we are from. To remember how we got to the place where we currently stand. Our family origin story begins exactly where Jessica and I are standing in these photos. This is where our young selves hung out, ate, drank coffee, had study groups, and learned how to grow up together.
Walking through campus with all of us was a welcomed day. I hope the kids remember where it all started. And I hope that gives them comfort, and inspiration to write their own stories.
Comments