Avery has dreamed of playing soccer for NBHS since he was just a little lad. (He even spent many evenings as a ball boy for the high school teams.) And now he has just completed his first full season on the team. He had a great season, scoring a goal in his first Varsity game and leading our JV team in assists. He even finished 3rd in NCHSAA in assists among freshman this year.
But mostly, he has just loved playing with his friends and for his school. I was the assistant coach and both Avery and I tried our best to practice healthy boundaries between the field and family - but it was tough at times. We learned and grew throughout the season and experienced so much joy. Honestly, I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to walk alongside him during this season of his life, as it is a great time for him. Overall, Jessica and I are just so proud of him for being a kind and good hearted person, while learning how to balance his competitive fire. Looking forward to next year already.
Comments