Something is in the air around the Graham house lately. Noah is just doing lots of things by himself all of a sudden (like in the last 48 hours) - and by that I mean he is attempting to complete tasks on his own. It is sort of wierd. Examples abound:- He walked into the living room on Saturday with a cup filled with water. He had retrieved a cup, walked to the fridge, and filled it up with water - without spilling any. When did he learn to get water out of the fridge?
- I was hanging a mirror on the wall yesterday. So I set the mirror on the counter. He wanted to look at himself in the mirror, so he climbed the stairs, got his stool and brought it down to get up and see.
-He was hungry recently. I was fixing him some food when I looked up and he had climbed into his booster seat alone and was waiting on me. When did he learn to climb on a wobbly chair without falling?
-He taught Jessica how to open his water bottle yesterday. When did he learn to push the side button without unintentionally leaving his other fingers on the top - blocking the opening?
These actions are not scary impressive for a (recently turned) three year old kid, but what is exceptional is that he has done all of this in a two day period. So, it is a noticeable development. I wonder what is going on? Is he getting used to our new house and is, thus, feeling comfortable enough to extend his wings a bit? He being one of the older kids in his class at school presently, is he starting to take initative? Is it just normal development that came in a 48 hour period? Either way, it is cool.
Now for something completely different: Have you heard the newest Sonic Youth record, Rather Ripped? It is incredible and I have been revisiting it today. I love SY, and this record has reinvigorated my passion for this group. To quote Ferris Bueller, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking it up."
Alright, so we are painting Noah's room tomorrow and then we are off to Mecklenburg County for some family-friendly Thanksgiving. (Some years back, I told Jessica that there was a chemical in turkey that made one tired. Because I kid a lot, she honestly did not believe that the chemical existed. It took two years to convince her that I was not full of it, and that tryptophan actually exists.) Enjoy your turkey.
Comments