We have had a great weekend. We completed the (strangely complicated) task of moving my childhood bedroom furniture (dresser, mirror, nightstand, and most important. . .bunk beds!) from Winston-Salem to our house. After some U-haul rental issues and what not, my parents made some plays and BOOM - Noah is taking a nap in his bunk beds right now. And for those of you following this - that means that as of yesterday, Noah has made the full transition to a twin bed - and without issue, lack of sleep, or even whining. Man, thanks for small miracles. We are not totally shocked that he was able to transition so smoothly, as he seemed quite ready to make the jump when he last visited his cousin, Sam - who has bunk beds. He knew the bunkbeds were coming, and he knew they were going to be awesome. 
Santa brought me those bunkbeds when I was around 8 or 9 years old. I had asked for them for months and had really, really wanted them. I used them all the way until I headed for college, and they have the scars to prove it: phone numbers written on the dresser, punkbands (The Descendants) carved into the wood underneath the top bunk, friends messages to me, etc. So, it was in this sentimental moment of childhood nostalgia that we were getting part of the wooden supports out of the trailor this weekend, and noticed the words "Ben is a d*ck" written on it. Looks like I need to find my sandpaper. Good times.
Anyways, on Friday, Noah's school had their annual Christmas Program. Each class gets up and sings a tune or two. We get extremely excited and take a billion pictures, and even though it is not a big deal, it is a really big deal. I almost cried just seeing him up there smiling. Noah was excited to see everyone there, especially his Maw Maw and Paw Paw, who made it just in time to see him sing Twinkle Twinkle. After his big show, he played hide and seek with Maw Maw underneath the church pew (see pic). Like I said - a good weekend.
Comments