We have returned from our Thanksgiving travels. We could be found in the rural haunts of Waxhaw, NC, and then in Charlotte for a few days. We had a good time, but dude, holiday travel is straight up exhausting, huh? The traffic, the packing, fighting for naps, etc. can certainly wear on all of us, and this trip was no exception. It was great to see all of Jessica's family and spend some quality time though. And Noah partied like a rockstar all week, so that was cool. We got stuck in a massive traffic jam on I-85 (Thanks Ike!) on the way home, and got to navigate a more scenic route to the mountains - which I LOVE to do. Jessica is a fine navigator/wingwoman (a Wedge Antilles to my Luke Skywalker, or a Goose to my Maverick - if you will), and we survived the ordeal.We were all excited to be back home. Noah slept like no one's business, and we are now back in the general groove that is our weekly life. We have been doing quite a bit of Christmas shopping lately, and for the first time in a while I have really been enjoying it. I am having so much fun shopping for my nephews and Noah. Anyways, while at Mast General Store I noticed that they were selling Moravian stars for the outside of one's house. Before leaving for college, I had never spent a Christmas season without a Moravian star hanging above my front door. Now I have spent over ten years without one on my own house. We remedied that last night by buying, putting together, and hanging our first Moravian star on the front porch of our new house. Once we turned off the lights, and stood in the front yard looking at it, I had an incredible feeling of nostalgia/satisfaction. It honestly made me think of the fact that we have built our own home. But we constructed it on a foundation that was laid before us. The star reminded me of my past, and of my future. Never underestimate the power of symbols.
On another note, I am (embrassingly) addicted to that song "(I'm Not Gonna Write You a) Love Song" by Sara Bareilles. They play it on the radio constantly, but it is undeniable. I am still a sucker for a some cheeky pop music. Aside from that - I need some new music... fast. I am bored with everything I own right now. This is a cry for help. Suggestions?
Comments