
I am so excited about Halloween. (and not only because, as a holiday, it is like the coolest example ever of syncretism in Medieval Europe - but because everyone is dressed up and on sugar highs). Actually, it is fair to say that our entire family is crazy excited about Halloween. The Fall color here in the mountains is just Rad! I never tire of it. After 11 years, I still can't believe that I get to live here.
At any rate, we have continued to decorate our house for the festivities, and Noah insists that our house must "BE a haunted house." He is really pushing us to get grave stones for the front yard, saying," and I am not even afraid of them!" Avery is just laughing all the time, and attempting to grab freaking everything he sees, including Daddy's hot coffee mug.
In other news, I contracted the good ol' Influenza at the end of last week. (Actually, when I wrote my last post about being tired and stuff, it seems I already was suffering through the beginning stages of the Flu - hence my exhaustion.) It knocked me flat for a few days, but with some help from Tamiflu - I rebounded by Tuesday. So, now we are just all hoping that the kids escape the worst. We'll see.
So, anyways things are looking pretty good right now, and we have a fun weekend on the docket, for sure. Noah, Jessica, and Avery are going with Noah's school class to trick or treat in that neighborhood this Friday morning, then we have a soccer game on Halloween Morning, then we go to Trunk or Treat at our church at 3:00, then our neighborhood Costume contest at 5:30 - then the Grande Finale on our block.
Ben's Playlist:
The Shins, The Cure, White Stripes, Death Cab for Cutie, The Smiths, Arcade Fire,
Comments