
It just feels like we are in the thick of Fall these days, and all of the good and bad that comes along with this wonderful season. I confess that I adore the general busy-ness and cooler weather. As always I love being at a high school in the Fall, when there is just so much action happening. That is the thing about working at schools...people are always DOING stuff. To walk down the hallways is to hear the Chorus singing, walkie-talkies, students laughing, teachers teaching, athletes practicing, and games being played - it is truly beautiful to me.

So, in this environment - our student Adventure Club decided to use a workday this past week to hike up to Max Patch - an amazing panoramic bald on the AT, bordering NC and TN. We took 29 students and had amazing time..we even played Red Rover on the summit. Have you ever played Red Rover at 6000 feet above sea level? I recommend it.

But I am also in charge of our school's Charity fundraiser for Eblen. In order to encourage students to donate (and to fulfill a dream of mine) I promised the winning class the chance to shave my head into a mohawk in front of the student body. My class won, and did indeed shave my head into a mohawk, and dyed it purple. So, I am happy about it, and love having a mohawk.
On the homefront, things are cruising along. Avery is really rolling over a lot, and sits up almost unassisted. He went to the doctor last week, and we found out that he is below the 4th percentile in height (no surprise there, huh?). He is in the 50th percentile in weight. This means he is shaped most like a basketball. Hilarious. But Avery has been sick for what seems like forever - so (once again) he is waking up all the time. So (once again), no one in our household is at their best. Alas, so it goes. But Noah remains ridiculously excited about Halloween, and has decided (for at least the past 7 days) that he will dress as a "spooky black cat." Jessica is to be Pippy Longstocking, Avery a pee-pod, and I will be Thor, or Scarecrow.
Noah told me yesterday that when he grows up, he wants to be a potty.
Comments