
So Noah talks a lot about what he "wants to be when he grows up." He changes his mind constantly, but his choices almost always reflect what he is seriously thinkign about at any given time. Rarely, if ever, do we bring it - he just volunteers this information. So, last night Noah told me that when he grows up, he is going to be a Vampire Octopus Wizard Cheetah. After I finished my extensive praise of his future goal - he showed how he can "transform" into a cheetah. He shakes, growls loudly, then scratches his own face until he completely transformed into the feline. At that point he attacked any human in the area. It was awesome.
In other news, it is warming up around here, and already everyone I know is in a better mood. The snow in our driveway from 3 weeks ago has almost melted...almost. We are just completing our first full week of school this week, in over a month. And having five days in a row of instruction is so great. As a teacher, I am totally rejuvenated because of the breaks in action - and the kids are just stoked to be out of the house. As a result, we are on the same page, and just learning a lot from each other, and doing some really fun things in the process. I love my job so much and at this point the concept of retirement seems odd. But who knows? Anyways, often times when I am at school in my classroom, doing what I do - I am reminded of the great quote from the great Max Fisher, in Wes Anderson's Rushmore. "I think you should find something you love, and do it for the rest of your life.” Sounds good so far.
Comments