
The big story around here is that Avery is now fully enrolled at grace preschool - and our lives have certainly begun to reflect this simplification. Jessica drops the kids off in the morning. I pick the kids up after school. that is it. it is simple. I love simple, and "simplicity" has become a daily goal for us, and really, it is more of a philosophy for our family - than just a goal. We want to live a simple life with our children. Actually, to that end - we have intentionally NOT brought up any additional after school activites for Noah this year. He has participated in soccer, swim lessons, etc in the past - all of which were worthwhile and good. But, when left to his own devices - he most enjoys just coming home and playing in the creek. And that is exactly what we want him to do - come home and play outdoors. He is really imaginative, and and runs around like his life depends on it. Which brings me to the coolest new toy at our house....
The rope swing. Some months ago, I asked the shop teacher at my school if one of his students, using a peice of wood, would cut me out a circle with a hole in it, for use as a rope swing. He obliged - and with the spring arriving - we hung it up in our front yard off the maple tree. Noah took to it like opium. He actually will not get off of the swing now. And every time I see him out there, sailing through the air with a giant smile on his face - I could almost cry. I mean, how beautiful is that? Juts a kid flying through the air on a swing - and he has the world by the tail.
Ben's playlist:
Vetiver
Camera Obscura
Japandroids
Noah and the Whale
Them Crooked Vultures
Comments