I have never looked so forward to Spring as I have this year. And with its arrival over the past week, I am elated. Buying plants and shrubs, and spending all day outside - digging in the dirt - trail running - hiking - playing in the creek. There really is no true way to explain the amazement that i feel while living in the Blue Ridge mountains in the warmer months. Jessica has always been a Spring-type person, and has looked forward to it every year that I have known her. So she is stoked as well. But Noah and Avery are probably as happy about the warm weather and outdoor activities as anyone. And, thus, we are all in much better moods - and just feel hopeful about..well..everything.
Last year at this time, we were settling in to our new life with Avery, who was still just a few weeks old. And we were reminiscing about that time a few weeks back, and remembered that we had loaded up our kids and gone to our favorite mountain top - Max Patch. We decided that after this year of "kid world" we should revisit the mountain and see if it, or we, were any different this time around. So,
saturday was a graham family adventure. We drove to Max Patch, dealt with crying a crying baby, ate breakfast, hiked up and on the Appalachian Trail a bit, flew a kite (sort of), ate bagels on the mountain top, wrestled, blew bubbles, rolled around, and took pictures. then we drove back through Hot Springs, where we stopped and had ice cream cones. It was a helluva saturday, and the boys even feel asleep in the car on the way back to Asheville. Jessica and I just listened to the Indigo Girls, as they sang us back home. A great day. Happy Spring.
Comments