Jessica has been in the Outer Banks this week. It is part of her job as the eighth grade counselor to help chaperone 200 plus middle schoolers across North Carolina in buses, for two full days of OBX sight seeing. It is admirable and simply, a great thing for those kids. And one of Jessica's gifts is her ability to help those kids when they need it. It is good that she is there.
And why? Because without Jessica at home- we are not playing our starting lineup. Our Home Team is without our top scorer. (insert additional sports metaphor here: ) So I am so grateful to have Jessica in my life. Not just to tag team parent - but because she often is a voice of reason in a house full of high octane boy-ness.
But it leaves Noah, Avery, and me here to hold down the fort. That means that we will: wreck the house, go out to eat every night, be LOUD, skateboard on teh front porch, forget to complete important paperwork, and be tired by the end. This week has proved all of the above to be true.
That being said, it is humbling for me to try and parent without Jessica. I pretty much suck at doing this alone. My quick decisions always seem to be the wrong ones. I feel rushed. And my pre-planning skills could use some serious work. Noah and Avery completed this week less than impressed with Daddy's skill set. and I agree with their assessments.
And why? Because without Jessica at home- we are not playing our starting lineup. Our Home Team is without our top scorer. (insert additional sports metaphor here: ) So I am so grateful to have Jessica in my life. Not just to tag team parent - but because she often is a voice of reason in a house full of high octane boy-ness.
Here's to her safe return, and to the Home Team.

Comments