I've been missing Lukens Lake quite a bit lately. While in Yosemite National Park (on our Cross Country drive this summer), Heyward and I took a trail run/hike just before we descended the Tioga Pass. We discovered Lukens Lake. Sitting at 8200 feet, the lake is pristine, and completely untouched. We both jumped in and took a swim. It was sublime, and it made me feel small and grateful. It was also one of the greatest moments of that trip.
As the weather turners colder here in the Blue Ridge, I find myself tucking that feeling in my pocket for the times when I get in a personal funk. Yesterday was one of those days when I just could not seem to push myself through the day. Thoughts of Lukens Lake (and some wrestling, and leaf jumping with two insane children) got my head above water, and brought me to a new day.Gratitude.
Comments